Week:13 Reconsidering the Superhero


Recently, we watched The Killing Joke in class.

Batman: The Killing Joke is an anomaly in the whole Batman series. It might called Joker: The Killing Joke more properly, because the hero of this story is Joker, the real protagonist, the criminal genius.

I feel so depress after I watched it, really intense black background suggest the low key lighting, and the high saturation lighting color presents the outline
of  character face clearly to viewers. 


There are the connection between me and the story because I can understand why joker is crazy and why he did such evil things to The sheriff James Gordon. The story described Joker's misfortunes of his life in detail to explain why Joker become crazy. And the reason why he kidnaps the sheriff and takes the nuke photos of his daughter Babara is because he can prove he is right if the sheriff gets crazy in the same situation as his.

For me, I wouldn't change any part of this story. I think Alan Moore did really good job to feature Joker's personalities and let thousands of readers followed Joker. I don't think joker really mad, crazy. He is sane and sober, smart and cruel.

Comments

Popular Posts