Week 11 Comics As Contemporary Literature

I


                                      How to estimate whether comics are literary or not?

Comic is advanced age culture that compares to other prevalent sub-culture , it appears after World War II and up to now is been half a century. And some of the elements of comic are tagged to the main culture. I want to think about those features of comic, so this blog is not a essay, but more like a note of my thoughts.

I read lots of  comics in class this week, and one of the books called The Bus, it made by Paul Kirchner. The story basically talks about the fantasy experience of a man on the bus. The comic's all in black and white and the last frame exactly similar to the first frame.
Taking bus is a normal experience for people, but Paul's bus is a fantastic world.
 The bus might in the prison.
Might in the universe.

I think Paul's comics are abstract, abstract expression. Abstract is a thinking mode and creative tendency in art. And his use comic as a medium to show his thinking and imagine.

In my opinion, any form of art, if it contains valuable thoughts, then has ability to be literary thing.

Comments

Popular Posts